Saturday, July 26, 2008

EPA Greenversations Blog






Did you know the EPA has a blog,
Greenversations? Definitely a clever name, don't you think! The EPA blog features a weekly question with open-ended blog postings so the public can share their thoughts on the question. This week's question of the week is, "What do you use: paper, plastic, or reusable bags?" A nice feature--they post the question in Spanish, too.

One thing I'm realizing is that this is a great way to check the pulse of citizens--at least the pulse of those that locate the blog!
So I must ask you, what do you use?--paper, plastic, or reusable bags?

I rarely receive paper anymore but do reuse the sacks I receive. I reuse plastic sacks I receive when I forget my reusable bags and I bought my reusable ones from Wal-Mart. I heard recently Walgreens sells larger bags than those available at Wal-Mart so I plan to check those out soon. I also use my reusable bags to cart recyclables to the recycling center here. One great use for the "crafty" and energetic individual--if you can crochet, cut bags in different colors into thin strips and use the strips to crochet a purse or other small item. I've seen a completed project and it is really cute! Wish I had the pattern and directions for preparing the strips of plastic--I'd post it on the blog if I had it but sorry, the woman that created the purse doesn't live in our area and I don't know how to reach her.


Back to the EPA Greenversations Blog-you can r
ead about it at the EPA Newsroom, and then take a look at this new EPA feature at Greenversations.

Their Blog logo looks like this but is larger in size:



After taking a look at their blog share your thoughts on this week's question and read
public opinion on the same!


The EPA even has a listserv so that bloggers can receive an email when the new weekly question has been posted--now that is one way of encouraging participation. Happy blogging!

No comments: